Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Walk

One of the reasons I chose to move into the apartment that I did, was due to it's close proximity to my place of work. Ever since I left college life, I have missed having the option of walking places. I'm not really one for walking just for the sake of walking, but to have a destination and a purpose makes a big difference for me. Unfortunately, the HEAT here lately has been rather unbearable (I am, in general, a cold weather person), but I promised myself if the high temperature for the day is under 86 degrees F, then walking it is!

Today was the third time I walked to work. It looks like I'll be able to walk tomorrow as well (thank goodness for a "cold front"). My walk takes me out of our little development, down a rather steep hill to the main street where my office is. The whole walk to work probably takes 5-7 minutes, while the walk home takes about twice that long due to the hill and me being out of shape.

This morning, I saw approximately 50 pieces of trash. I would say that 90% of that trash was tossed out of car windows. I will never understand how people can be so piggish. I did pick up a Coke bottle because, like those commercials for www.mycokerewards.com, I saw a Blockbuster DVD laying on the side of the road. Tomorrow, however, I will definitely be bringing a trash bag to pick up trash - even if it doesn't get me 3 points closer to a free movie rental.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Florida, I couldn't imagine walking to work while wearing a suit.

I would be drenched by the time I made it to the office!