Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Pots and Pans

Last night, my boyfriend and I went to Kohl's because I need pots and pans and they had them on sale. This was listed in the circular for the week:
Farberware® 15-pc. Classic Cookware Set plus Bonus
$99.99

Reg. $199.99

thru Jul 22
BONUS 11”/4.5-qt. DEEP COVERED SAUTE PAN with the purchase of a Farberware® 15-pc. Classic cookware set. A $79.99 value.


Now, in this case, "BONUS" is synonymous with "FREE", don't you think? Anyway, it took us a little while to find it in the store and then lug the 2 boxes to the front counter (thank goodness I brought the slave-labor boyfriend along). The cashier rings it up, and proclaims, "That will be $155.98" My "bonus" gift had rung up as $55.99.

Sigh. Why must I do all the work? I had her check the circular (which, she flipped through every page knowing full well that the kitchenware is on page 47 out of 50) and of course, she was further confused by the wording. So, she calls over her supervisor and they look at it together. Turns out you have to do something special in the register (press "free gift") that our cashier didn't know about. Apparently, she'd been ringing up the "free gift" luggage sales all day, as well.

And this is why it pays to know what you're buying and how much you are supposed to be paying for it!

0 comments: