Monday, July 23, 2007

The Waiting

You may have noticed my lack of posting in the last week (or maybe you haven't). This was due to the fact that I went completely off-line so as not to be spoiled before I received my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I ordered my copy from Amazon.com and it was to arrive on Saturday, July 21st - money back guarantee! The only catch - my mailbox isn't exactly huge, and there is no place for the postal delivery person to leave packages. My only choice was to watch out the window all morning for the mail delivery truck and go outside and get my box when it arrived.

Unfortunately, there is no way to predict when the mail will arrive - especially on a high shipping volume weekend. So, I watched and I waited. I decided that the mail would probably not come until after 9:30am, so I did sleep in a bit. Then, I had to figure out some things to do in the kitchen (so I could watch out the window). First I did the dishes from the night before, then I packaged up the bulk chicken I bought so that I could freeze it. I started running out of things to do, and then I decided to make brownies! My first dessert baking in the apartment! I used a mix, but I didn't have anything to grease the pan with, so they ended up sticking pretty badly. Just as I was putting the brownies into the oven, the mail came!

The postal woman was very nice and when she saw me standing by the mailbox, she guessed right away which package was mine. It was great that I was able to be productive before my 12 hour reading marathon!

0 comments: