Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Outlet Situation


I am having a bit of a problem figuring out the best way to light my bedroom. There is no overhead lighting, and the outlet that is attached to the light switch is in a most unfortunate place. I understand why they did it this way, of course - it was the cheapest way to wire the room.

Right now, I have no lighting attached to the switch-controlled outlet because it just doesn't make any sense to put something there; it's a walking path for goodness sakes! So, I have to either a) walk through a dark room to turn on the lamp next to the bed or, b) turn on the light before it gets dark and leave it on until I go to sleep. Both have their downsides, but I would rather have to make that choice than have an extension cord across the doorway (or over the door - eew, not aesthetically pleasing at all). If anyone has a suggestion or solution, please leave me a comment!

I fear I was completely spoiled by living in my parents house where the top outlet on every outlet plate in a room was wired to the switch. Yes, I am spoiled.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

clap on, clap off... haha

Why not have a really bright lamp?

I don't know how large your room is... I actually have my computer desk in the living room. This is where I spend most of my time.