Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Laundry

I did laundry in my apartment for the first time last night. It wasn't all that exciting, but I did learn a few things.

  • During the spin cycle, my washer vibrates the entire apartment building. (This is only a slight exaggeration)
  • The washer does not beep when the cycle is completed.
  • The dryer beeps for 5 minutes and then starts a "wrinkle release" tumble cycle and then beeps for 5 minutes and repeats the cycle until you open the door.
  • The stop for the lid for the washer is gone. This means that when the lid is open, the washer cycle knob gets pushed in and the cycle stops. Fun.
Most of my blouses for work need to be hung to dry. Since the laundry is in the kitchen, there really isn't any place for me to hang stuff. So, I put everything on hangers, hung them over the shower rod, and left the bathroom fan on. This morning my clothes were nice and dry! Oh, sometimes I am so smart.

0 comments: