Monday, October 29, 2007

The Programmable Thermostat

This past Wednesday I went to Home Depot and bought a programmable thermostat. I was going to install it, but made the mistake of e-mailing my landlord about it as a courtesy.

To which he freaked out.

I was seriously regretting forgetting that it is easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission. *sigh* However, after some e-mails back and forth, he was over today to look at it... and he installed it! YAYAY!

Since it was 40 outside when I woke up this morning and a nippy 63 degrees in my apartment, I think I'll be using the heat sooner than I anticipated. (If it dips below 60 inside during waking hours, the heat is ON.)

I haven't needed the heat or the air for a few weeks, but I'm looking forward to the prospect of getting to program the thermostat to keep me comfortable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't thouched my thermostat since I started living in my new house. But now the winter is really kicking in. I'm affraid I can't keep my record...

ps. I will install it myself!

NancyU said...

Programed thermostats also save energy. (-: